Cooperating Broker Policy
The commission being offered to a qualifying Cooperating Broker is as specified on the particular listing and/or as advertised in the Maui Multiple Listing Service. To qualify, a Cooperating Broker must be the procuring cause of the transaction. This means that the Cooperating Broker must:
- Make the initial contact with the Buyer/Tenant;
- Be present with the Buyer/Tenant at the initial meeting with the listing agent(s);
- Maintain contact with the Buyer/Tenant;
- Obtain the signature(s) of the Buyer/Tenant(s) on all required documents; and
- Perform all other tasks as needed to effectuate the transaction.
This policy does not mean that a Buyer/Tenant cannot obtain representation, but only that the Buyer/Tenant will have to pay for such representation if the above listed requirements are not met.